O'Fiaich College Overview.
HISTORY OF O'FIAICH COLLEGE
O’Fiaich College began life in Chapel Street in 1906 as Dundalk Municipal Technical School. In 1970 it moved to a new building in the VEC campus on the Dublin Road. A large extension to the facility was added in 1990.
Cardinal Tomás O’Fiaich, Archbishop of Armagh and Primate of Ireland, died shortly before he was to officially open the new building. In his honour, the entire facility became known as ‘O’Fiaich College’.
Much development has taken place to improve and provide the most modern facilities for learners. The original building has undergone a major refurbishment resulting in an extremely pleasing and comfortable modern educational facility. Recent visitors have mistaken the result for a completely new building. In addition, the level of equipment and learning resources available is second to none and the O’Fiaich complex is one of the best equipped educational facilities in the country.
Adjacent to Dundalk Institute of Technology, O’Fiaich Post Primary College, shares its campus with the Post Leaving Certificate Institute of Further Education and a school of Adult Education.
A modern, co-educational facility which caters for the educational needs of Dundalk and surrounding communities, it also attracts further education students from a broader catchment which includes all of County Louth and parts of Meath, Westmeath and Monaghan.
The Student council designed a new school uniform. They took on this huge responsibility with great enthusiasm. They conducted surveys among the students and the uniform is a result of what the students themselves wanted collectively.
- Red Polo Shirt
- Black High V neck jumper with school crest
- Black Trousers
- Black/white check skirt
- Black socks/tights
- Black shoes
- Black school jacket (with school crest) available at low cost in the college.